10 Tips That Help Your Body
1. Get rid of hiccups by raising your arms above your head and stretching.
Why it works: Stretching can effectively reset your diaphragm and stop it from contracting involuntarily.
2. Make your toothache disappear by putting an ice cube on the back of your hand between your index finger and your thumb.
Why it works: This part of your hand is full of nerve pathways that carry pain signals for your brain, and the bloodless temperature is capable of block these signals.
3. Deal with fear of needles by coughing.
Why it works: Coughing can paintings as a easy distraction for your brain. It additionally momentarily will increase your blood pressure, which helps reduce your perception of pain.
4. Treat a headache by massaging your big toe.
Why it works: There are head reflex areas at the top, on the sides, and on the bottom of your huge toes. If you rubdown these regions, you may relieve anxiety in your head and neck.
5. "Wake up" your arm by moving your head around.
Why it works: A tingly arm is frequently the result of the compression of the nerves on your neck. So in case you loosen your neck muscles, this may assist you launch the extra stress for your arm.
6. Swallow stubborn pills by tilting your head forward.
Why it works: If you're taking a drink of water and then tilt your head forward instead of backward, this could assist you cope with hard-to-swallow tablets easily. In this case, the tablets ought to go with the flow and will be at the back of your throat immediately.
7. Stop a nosebleed by pressing on your upper gums.
Why it works: It’s believed that putting pressure on your gums can block the artery that supplies blood to your nose.
8. Turn off your gag reflex by squeezing your left thumb.
Why it works: Applying pressure to a specific factor for your palm can significantly reduce your gag reflex. And one of the easiest approaches to do that is to clench your left hand right into a fist along with your thumb interior it.
9. Soothe a tickling throat by scratching your ear.
Why it works: When the nerves for your ear are stimulated, it creates a reflex for your throat that can motive a muscle spasm. This muscle spasm can relieve the tickle in your throat.
10. Boost your mood by holding a pencil between your teeth.
Why it works: Keeping a pencil to your mouth will assist you activate your smile muscles, which can misinform your brain and lift your spirits.